Co-founder of the influential London based design studio Area, Richard Smith
‘s career began in 1985 at Peter Saville Associates. In 2001, he established The Extent or Measure of a Surface Inc
., a New York based brand communication consultancy. In 2009 Smith launched the Dollar ReDe$ign Project
an online design competition based on the premise ‘it’s time to rebrand the buck.’
Recognized internationally for his unique vision and unconventional point of view, Smith’s work has appeared in numerous books and magazines including Creative Review, Eye, Time Out, Vogue, New York magazine, Paper Works, Experimental Formats, and the New York Times.
Smith is currently a creative director at brand engagement consultants Sullivan
CLIENTS / PROJECTS
• CONSUMER / Cadbury Schweppes / Gillette / Beck’s Bier / Revlon / Esteé Lauder / Haagen Dazs / De Beers / Gold Council /
• FASHION / John Galliano / Paul and Joe / Yohji Yamamoto / Clements Ribeiro / Alexander McQueen /
• LEISURE / Oberoi Hotels / Loews Hotels / Mandarin Oriental Hotels /
• ENTERTAINMENT / Depeche Mode / Joy Division / Virgin Records /
• RETAIL / Levi’s / LensCrafters / Habitat / Sunglass Hut / Marui Co /
• ART / Whitechapel Gallery / Serpentine Gallery / European Parliament /
• FINANCE / Citibank / Fidelity Investments / American Express Open /
• PUBLISHING / Surface Magazine / Victoria and Albert Museum / New York / ESPN / Cargo /
• CONSULTING / BBDO / AR Media / Laird and Partners / BBH / Peterson Milla Hooks / Chandelier / Euro RSCG /
MORE INFO Follow this link to learn more about my work: ThinkCreateBelieve.com. You can also follow me on Twitter. Or email me.
Richard & his eldest son Dylan, New York.